Some beauty trends have been emerging from the fashion world and there are good, bad, and ugly ones galore. The trends have been coming from some of the top fashion designers from London, Paris, Milan, and New York City.
1. Gothic lips: DKNY wowed the runway with Gothic lips for Summer. Typically we only see these dark lips during the winter months, but the dark lip is chic for summer as well. I was recently in Dubai where the dark lip ruled. Check out some great shades from Huda Beauty, Vixen and Spice Girl are two of my faves.
A post shared by Huda Kattan (@hudabeauty) on
2. Chic topknots: Dior had top-knots that were high and mighty with a lot of hairspray holding them down. Some were braided to the top and some were twisted into a beehive, but all were chic.
A post shared by Dior Official (@dior) on
1. Flower body art: Preen essentially glued pressed flowers to their models’ bodies and this couldn’t be any more terrible. It looks like the girl fell into a flower patch and were too tired to take off the dead flowers caught on their sweaty skin. Besides, these would never stay on in the heat of summer and would wilt the second you stepped out the door.
2. Neon paint lines: Cividini swiped neon lines across their models’ eyes which makes them look like they got in a fight with a paintbrush and lost. This look couldn’t possibly make its way into the real world. This is relegated solely to the runways.
Jaquard jacket matched with intarsia knitted polo and stunning makeup by @lotstar #cividini #springsummer17 #ss2017 #stripes #modernfashion #jaquard #polo #jacket #womensfashion #womenswear #fluomakeup #fluo #makeup #makeupartist #keymakeupartist #milan #mfw #blackandyellow #minimalearrings #jewels #stones
A post shared by CIVIDINI (@itscividini) on
1. Victorian updos: Gucci tried to make Victorian era hairdos chic again like Gretchen tried to make Fetch happen, but neither will be seeing the light of day after this season. I would not recommend trying one of these undoes, because frankly they are beyond ugly.
2. Aquamarine eyes: Is this a throwback to the 80s? This light blue eyeshadow reminded me of an 80s hair metal band who got too giddy in the makeup room. It was a swing and a miss for Aigner for me. I’ll spare you the photo of this.
Whatever trends you decide to rock this summer, do it with confidence and a whole lot of spice.
Alex Sinatra is an actress, model, and corporate attorney. She adores everything to do with city life, but also loves to get back to nature. Her dog Maddox is her constant companion and cuddle buddy.Follow her on Instagram @officialalexsinatra